Deadline: August 1, 2022
Applications are open for the Black Fashion World (BFW) Scholarship Fund 2022. The BFW Scholarship Fund offers scholarship to African Americans who are financially limited and have shown an irresistible desire to pursue a career in the fashion industry despite the adverse situations they encountered.
Their challenges may have ranged from socioeconomic setbacks, including teenage pregnancy; former incarceration; schooling interrupted; poverty and homelessness. According to datawheel.us in 2017, the Fashion Institute of Technology’s student population for Black or African American was 9.27%, compared to 44.3% White, 18.8% Hispanic or Latino, and 11 .2% Asians. The Black Fashion World Foundation’s goal is to remove the financial barriers that can prevent this demographic of creatives from obtaining the necessary education that is vital to their journey towards achieving their fashion dreams.
- The scholarship awarded is based on financial need.
- Applicant must be African American, Black, Pan-African;
- High school students, students with a GED degree, undergraduate students (2-year or 4-year), and vocational or trade school students;
- Career changers can apply. Must not hold an undergraduate degree;
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- 18 to 44 years old;
- Minimum 2.0 GPA;
- Household income not exceeding US$75,000;
- Their proof of resilience in the face of adversity and their willingness to make positive contributions to their communities must be taken into consideration;
- The student must effectively communicate how they will serve the community upon completion of the program.
- leadership demonstration
- Public Service
- Socio-economic factors
- Quality of the essay and/or video message submission
- Character Testimonials
For more information, visit BFW Scholarship Fund.